It was my friend's wedding dinner and he arranged me to sit with some old schoolmate that I haven't meet for N years. Then sit down. FIRST, there was this school mate sit down. I stared straight to him but he took out his phone and play with it.
Then a moment later, another schoolmate came and ask me whether the seat next to me occupied. I replied no. Then the both of them continue to chat. They say "so he arrange us to sit with some ppl we don't know and MAY (me), xxx and yyy will sit with us"
I just keep staring at both of them and they continue chatting. Then one of them look at me and it was like something hit his head and he said "EH?! YOU ARE MAY?!"
I was like -_-""
The whole thing was about 30 minutes and I was all the way siting there and staring at them and they can't recognize me -_-""
Luckily the bridegroom still able to recognize me though he also looked stunned for 2secs the moment he saw me.
Alright, I shall console myself that I can getting prettier (not older) until they can't recognize me. >.<
On the other hand, I am very grateful that the bridegroom invited me to his wedding.
He was not just "any" friend. I use to had a secret crush on him.
Remember quite clearly that day was my first day in Form 6. We were divided into classes. He was in my class at first but he requested to move to the next class.
So that was the first time I met him. The first person that caught my eye.
However, even we were just in the same Form we didn't speak with each other because then.. I was very shy girl who was from an ALL GIRL school who lack of communication skill. I can't talk well with girls... So don't mention guy. Secondly, I quite sure that he move class because of a girl, who later become his gf.
Not long later, I figure that he actually stayed in the same neighborhood as me. Almost everyday after the school, I would take the LRT to home. And there he was. Everyday while I sit in the shuttle bus, I can see him crossing the road and walk into the residential area.
However, I still can't find the courage to speak with him. I though it means nothing. Just staying same neighborhood.
That situation repeat everyday until we had our exam and all gone separate ways.
While waiting for my results, I was introduced by my sister to work in a cafe to work pastime job. I successfully passed the interview, which I think mainly because of my sister. Before I start work, I have to go through training provided by the company.
That first day of training, I was very nervous. I am the first to reach and I sit there waited. Then, there out of nowhere, he came in to the cafe. Yes, we become colleagues. In the company term, colleagues better known as "partners". Same batch partners.
That is also the first day we started to talk... Talk for the first time. It feels just amazing. I am rather surprise that he even remember me that I went to the same school as him.
That training week was the most wonderful week in my life. I feel at ease talking to him. He was the first "guy" friend I have (I'm serious).
And from then, I changed.
Changed from a shy, extreme quiet (although I'm still quite sometimes) and low self esteem girl to a happy girl that start to talk to people and look forward to get to work everyday so that I can see him.
Well, as mentioned, he had a gf(also my schoolmate) who is very beautiful of course. Not long later, his gf also join to work part-time with us. I feel no jealous, just envy ;) but his gf is a very nice and pretty girl.
Then the result came. We will go to university. I never get to get the course I choose because my result isn't good. However, I was being "arranged" to study for English Degree in a University near to my home. Since I don't want to be too far away from home, I accepted the offered.
The amazing thing is he is going to the same University as me... Also his gf. Whats more awesome is.. He just stay at the hostel next to mine.
This is never coincident. I am starting to believe this is fate. No, we never date.. as I said, all is just a crush. After we graduated from Uni, the "fate" stopped. I am truly grateful that he invited me to his wedding because he still remember that shy girl who he so coincidentally bump into...
Today is his wedding day. But he is not marrying that pretty gf. They broke off. I wish he and his new wife a happy marriage and happily ever after ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment