The first thing to do in Penang is to hunt for its food. When we went round to find the hotel, I spotted an alleyway with people lining up to a hawker cart. So I walked to check it up right after I check in to the hotel.
It was the Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul.

I am not very sure why this is famous. It was strong of santan taste. I prefer the Malacca Jonker Chendul which has more Gula Melaka and full bowl of ice especially in the scorching hot day.
Then my nightmare was here. I walked walked and walked under the hot sun for nothing -.-. Thus, no photo. My kiwi was a bad tour guide. Next trip and trip after I shall be the one who plan the itinerary.
After getting roasted under the sun for few hours. I went to Gurney for dinner. It has become an obligatory place to go even though the food there not as nice. To my surprise, the price of the foods in Gurney was not too high. I guess the local government control it. To compensate my feet, I ordered, eat and ordered, eat.



After the dinner, I went back to the hotel to rest my feet.
Then walked around the hotel to find a place to hang out. However, couldn't find any. End up getting a can of beer from 7-11 and enjoy it in the hotel. There goes the horrible first day of my trip.
The second day was better. I get to eat the penang white curry laksa for breakfast.
It was good. I love spicy food. I like it that I can add as much chili paste as I like. It's not spicy though.

After breakfast, I have my coffee fix at Double Exposure and had the Hummingbird cake. :))


And I can take some photos of the murals on the wall. However, some of the murals was spoilt.


As my feet was hurting so bad after the nightmare walk the day before, today decided to have a trip in car. Went around the whole island.
First stop was Botanical Garden. Just a park. All the entrance to the flower farm are closed.
Then to Kek Lok Si. It was as grand as ever. Before that, must stop for the famous Asam Laksa.

After that, took a long trip to Balik Pulau. Too bad it was not Durian season. The small town still looks the same as the last time I went.
Then finally we reached the paradise. Batu Feringghi. It's not hot there at least. I get to ride on a horse for the first time and I had seafood for dinner and relax as much. So all was good.

The next day breakfast was in the hotel. I have to say I was disappointed of the food served there. I don't expect cold food from a five star hotel in an island which is famous for food.
Ok, never mind. After check out, I went to hunt for real food. I had Nasi kandar at Line Clear which was a satisfying one :)
After brunch, come back to KL.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment